Trucker gets three years in prison for stabbing
SIDNEY — A man was sentenced to a minimum of three years in prison Aug. 28 in the Shelby County Common Pleas Court for felonious assault, a second degree felony, after he stabbed another man at Love’s Travel Stop in February.
Judge Tim Sell said Allan Perdue’s prison sentence could be shorter with good behavior, or he could receive up to 4 1/2 years in prison. Sell’s decision was influenced by the victim, Charles Dore, who said in his victim impact statement that a three-year sentence was fair for what occurred. Dore also wanted Perdue to take anger management classes. Perdue, 45, of Huntington, Arkansas, pleaded guilty in July with the understanding that he could receive upwards of eight to 12 years in prison.
“I would have hit you harder, but for the statements of your victim. You should be thankful,” Sell said.
Dore, 41, of Lorain near Cleveland, described what happened that day between the two commercial truck drivers.
“I only wanted the defendant to move his truck forward approximately 40 feet so I could get around him. Instead, a situation that never should have happened escalated into me being stabbed. I accept that I made mistakes that day by jumping on his truck, and I did not swing at him, and I did not threaten a weapon in any way, shape or form,” he said. “However, nothing that happened justified the decision to stab another person.”
Sell mentioned that the police report said Dore was returning to his truck when Perdue approached him from behind and stabbed him, then fled, threw the knife away and lied to officers about his involvement. A previous news release said Perdue was detained at QuikTrip at 2301 Wagner Ford Road in Dayton by Montgomery County deputies.
Dore said he still deals with numbness, sharp pain and strange sensations in his left arm where he was stabbed. He also lost money due to being out of work.
“Even now, I continue to deal with those consequences every day. Despite everything happening, I do not hate Mr. Perdue. I do not want revenge, and I simply want accountability,” he said.
Perdue apologized for the incident and to everyone involved. His attorney, Aaron Lowe, submitted a sentencing memorandum before the hearing with multiple letters of support for Perdue.
0 Comments